Come with an open mind and have fun!
What to Expect
- No bookings necessary – but please arrive at least 20 minutes before class so that you can complete the registration form. If you wish to fill it in beforehand and bring it with you to class, you can download the form here.
- Wear light and fitted clothes – we need to see your knees! Ladies: Wear a sports bra, crop top or sports singlet, shorts or leggings. Guys: Running shorts or biker shorts, or Speedos if you are racy enough!
- Avoid long track pants and heavy t-shirts (our room is 40°C – hot!)
- Bring a large towel for class, and another one for showering after class if you wish. Bring a yoga mat and a bottle of water. All available for hire or purchase.
- As a guideline, avoid eating 2-3 hours before class. Bikram Yoga is best practiced on an empty stomach. However, everyone is different and some people find they feel better not eating for 4 hours before class whereas others need a piece of fruit or an energy bar an hour beforehand. You will soon work out what works for you and what your body needs.
- Be well hydrated before and after class! If practising in the evening, try to drink 2 to 3 litres during the day. If practising a 6.00 am class, try to hydrate the night before. After your practise, drink more.
- Please wash off any perfume or makeup prior to class.
- This should be obvious: No drugs or alcohol are to be consumed prior to class.
- Classes are 90 minutes long and you are expected to remain in the room for the duration. If you need a break, that’s perfectly fine, you don’t have to do all the postures in your first few classes. Initially, it’s about getting acclimatised to the heat and familiar with the postures.
- Please inform your teacher of any injuries, medical conditions or allergies you may have.
- If you are pregnant and have not practiced Bikram Yoga before or do not have a regular practice, now is not the time to start. We look forward to you joining us a while after you have given birth but you must get permission from your doctor first and always follow his/her advice. If you are breast-feeding, please feed/express before class. Let your teacher know if you have had a baby within the last 6 months and/or are breast-feeding.
- Please leave your shoes at the front entrance – the studio is a barefoot environment.
- Arrive early – class starts and ends on time – and the front doors are locked when the class has begun.
- Please turn all mobile phones off or put them on silent, and leave them in the changing rooms.
- Perfumes and heavy scents are amplified in the yoga room so please save them until after class.
- Feel free to chat with your friends in the reception area and changing rooms.
- Please enter the yoga room quietly and maintain silence inside.
- During class, follow the instructions from your teacher. Try the postures the right way and you will receive 100% benefit of the posture.
- If you need to, kneel down and take a break. Join back in when you are ready.
- Respect your teacher and fellow students and do your best to stay in the yoga room. If an emergency requires you to leave, please leave and re-enter between postures.
- Try to remain focused on your own practice, and maintain stillness in between postures.
- Enjoy the peace and energy you’ve created for yourself!